Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CNY 2009

Happy Chinese New Year n Gong Hei Fatt Choi!!!! CNY is here and i'm ready to grab as much angpau as i can!! HAHA.. For this year's CNY i really dun have much to do.. unlike last time where i have to clean up my room and the house for the celebration. This time around i dun even have to move a finger as i'm not around the house. Well, i guess being an undergraduate is not bad afterall.. Heck u even get to get angpau for all this.. Not bad huh? Since 26th is the first day of CNY, so, i had my reunion dinner on the 25th. Surprisingly, my bro is back in town to join us for the dinner. I was a bit surprised at first, but, at least he's back (which means that he'll be around for quite some time.. there goes my private space for the room.. sigh..) This year's reunion dinner have to be the best one yet with all the chicken, roast duck, prawns and fish.. The only let down of this is the dinner list does not include 'Yee Sang'.. Which is one of my favourites during CNY. I have to admit though.. Eventhough it's CNY, but, the atmosphere jus dun feel like we're having CNY at all.. Jus the occasional exploding sound of the firecrackers and the lion dance to remind me that we're having CNY now.. Still, i'm feeling a bit bored for this CNY. Maybe it's becoz of the assignments and the test that i have to study for.. Who wouldn't lose their mood if they have to do all these during the CNY? I mean isn't CNY meant holiday??? The lecturers jus have to give u tonnes of things to do at times where u really got a chance to finally relax and makes u feel miserable. Anyway, it's CNY so its better if i dun spoil my mood jus yet.. So, the first day of CNY was celebrated in Malacca.. Yup.. I'm studying in Malacca and i have to celebrate CNY there.. How ironic is that?? Maybe i should consider moving there next.. WAIT.. I am moving there this coming July... Silly of me.. Coming to Malacca wasn't the best idea for me as there are actually some people that i prefer not to meet, but, given that i'll get red packets so i had to force myself to move my butt and get over it. Once there, it was not as bad as i thought.. Jus mediocre. Still feeling a bit bored. Today's the 2nd day of CNY so i'm hoping that things will be brighter for me in the remaining days of this joyous celebration. Hopefully many angpaus along the way too :)
Taken at the reunion dinner :
DSC00331

No comments: