Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Friend-SHIP

As you have seen from the title above, I've some how decided to write the word friendship apart as a two words. How many of you out there and actually tell from the bottom of your heart that the 'friendship' that you have with your peers are actually out of sincerity? Honestly, the world has become a place where people often wear a mask when they are out in the society and it has become hard for everyone to decide if their actions or feelings to you is true or just some act.

A few weeks ago, I happened to chat with primary friends via the messenger and he's confided in me that he's not feeling well. So, out of curiosity i asked: 'What happened?'. He went on to tell me that his best friend (which USED to be mine as well) has been given him the silent card for a few years now. At that moment, I take it that he's joking cause how can you stand staying with a person when they have refused to talk to you for three years? What's worse, the friend even went on to pretend that he wasn't there when he tried to confront him. Hmm. Not bad a friend right?

We had a little chat last night, reminiscing bout the times that we've spent during our primary (as i was helping my cousin sis with her boring virtual class), I took the liberty of asking about the condition between the two of them. Not to my surprise they are indeed no more best-buds. I told him wouldn't it be such a waste for an almost 10 years friendship to end on bad terms? That, was the thought that i had last night.

Today, I dun feel that way at all. What do we really know about friendship? Can you consider someone who has been talking bad about you behind your back as a friend? Or would you consider someone who's always ignored you whenever you bugged him bout something that you know he doesn't like a friend? Or someone who should've understand you better than anyone else (since that's what they claimed all the time. Normally they would say - i know what you wanted to do by the look on your face.) but instead went on to say something that they should've known better would come back to the one that they are dissing on?

Really, all this friendship thing really confuses me. How often do you meet a friend that is really sincere to you and treasure you as a friend? Sincere doesn't mean that a friend will cook you dinner every night. Although they have somehow shown you a better side of them of how good they've treated you but wants something in return. Does this make them a sincere friend? A best friend forever? To be honest to my heart and my soul, I hereby declare that i'm not a good friend.

If you thought just because you've shown me some kindness and expects me to treat you the way that you've treated me, then, i'm so sorry cause i was never comfortable that way. This is the reason why i have always tried to distance myself from other people. Oblivion to the world seemed like a good place for me.

No comments: