Saturday, January 15, 2011

Do's and Don't

Do's and don't has most probably been copy righted by many people but a thought suddenly strike me - should we let other people decide what we wan or dun wan to do? Up until now, i felt that I've been living my whole life based on what people expect of me and what i should and shouldn't do. As always, there are always example to situation like this. Just yesterday, I attended Production Planning and Control class and since most of the undergraduates in the country do not practice the habit of reading the materials before the class, so, it's all a case of blurry state when we were given a question to try for the first time. Well, since this class is all about calculations and I'm not that good in maths so i was scratching my head trying to solve it. But then, in the midst of discussing it with my classmates, 4 out of 42 nailed the question and 2 out of the 4 almost had the right answer while the remaining two were fighting for the top spot. Unfortunately for me, i did not hear the part where there'll be free 'Teh Tarik' for those who could solve the quest. So, it strikes me as un-challenging. (I would've settled for a Coffee Bean / Starbucks though. But who am i kidding right?) Two of the students were both my housemates and for no reason, they can be defined as the type who likes to outshine the others (in this world who doesn't?). So, what happened was when the time comes for the lecturer to see who has managed to do the question - one of the them gave their answers for inspection. To his dismay, he almost got it right but there was some technical error and so NO his answer is not the right one. Since he's the only one in the class that stood up with answers, so, of course with the course of nature evry1 would come to you and ask for help. Here, it's not the case. Apparently my friend was annoyed cause since his answer was not the correct one and got more angry when 'the winner' grab his answer sheet away. So much for attention seeker huh? One tip that i've learned since the beginning is to stay low even though you think you are good. It's always a loose-loose situation when you are trying to grab all the attention whenever you can.

1 comment:

pqah said...

~pretty bad, huh...~