Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reading, A Sport?

It has become a known fact that i am fascinated by novels. Especially the fantasy ones. The fact that you are able to relate yourself to the novels is the fun process of reading the book itself. What prompted me to start reading novels was a book given to me by my aunt during the early years of my secondary. The book was 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer' by Mark Twain. Somehow the book have got some authentic look to it as she got it from the book fair of her school.

Soon after, the novel reading frenzy began. I find myself lingering in the book store even though i do not have the intention to buy any of them and would spend a great deal of time along the aisle scanning through the summaries of each and every novels i got my hands on.

Way before Narnia series was adapted into a movie, i started reading the whole series. I actually came upon this while in KLCC KinoKuniya. Here, it's where the fantasy adventure began. I know most of my frens would call me a geek or a nerd (some of them already have!) but i tend to have the tendency of reading novels that are related to mythical creatures - DRAGONS.

Something about reading them just fascinates me. Well, not all novels that i read is about them in general but mostly i would look for novels about them that would eventually get my attention. Since then, reading has just became a habit of mine whenever i got nothing to do, before i go to bed and when i'm feeling utterly bored. What a sport!

p/s: For those of you who would like to have something interesting to read, I recommend 'The Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. The book is too damn great for you to put it down once you finished reading the first book. You'll find yourself wanting the following book. Trust me. :)

No comments: